POP access settings and instructions for Yahoo Mail
- By customersupport
- On 16/10/2017
Post Office Protocol i.e (POP) is the best way to get Yahoo Mail in a mobile app or desktop. Furthermore, POP helps in making downloads copies of your Yahoo email. And you can also move and delete them in the app without disturbing the original emails of yours.
POP settings for Yahoo Mail are:
Incoming Mail (POP) Server
Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 995
Requires SSL - Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 465 or 587
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires TLS - Yes (if available)
Requires authentication - Yes
Email address - Your full email address
Password - Your account's password.
Requires authentication – Yes
And here are the setup instructions and POP information for Outlook 2013 or 2016:
If Yahoo users need - How To Regain Your Hacked Yahoo Email?
Steps for automatically detecting and setting up an internet mail:
- Open your Outlook.
- After that choose File tab.
- Now, in the info category, choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Next, on the Email tab, you need to select New.
- Then after, in the Add New Account dialog box, for configuring the new email account automatically, you need to configure the following settings in the Email Account category under the Auto Account Setup:
- Initially, in your Name box, simply type your complete name.
- After that, in the Email Address box, just type your e-mail address.
- Now, in the Password box, you have to type the password that ISP has provided.
- In the Retype Password box, you need to retype the password, and enter Next for beginning the Auto Account Setup procedure.
- Choose Finish > Close.
Thunderbird setup instructions for Yahoo Mail
For manually configuring a Thunderbird account, you need to have the following information:
- Outgoing mail server and port.
- Incoming mail server and port.
- Security setting for the connection with the server.
- You need to first of all, open the Account Settings (Tools > Account Settings).
- Enter the Account Actions button and choose Add Mail Account.
- You have to enter your email account details and then enter Continue. With this, a Thunderbird will try to find out your account settings.
- You have to press the Stop button for aborting the lookup, then edit the port, server names, & IMAP/POP, and enter Manual Configuration for manually set up the account.
For any doubt related to these steps, assistance of a Yahoo email support professional team can be taken.